Re: Ruined KDE Install

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 11:31 pm, Jeff wrote:
<snip>
> Run aptitude and do update, then run the upgrade, or do apt-get
> update then apt-get upgrade.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> jc

Thanks for the help, although to do the upgrade I'd have to remove over
60KDE packages to install some new ones from 3.1.4. I'm happy enough
right now to not want to mess with it. Perhaps when I get a second
machine I can futzing around with KDE again (or when the upgrade
dependency problem is solved (it's a problem with lib-qt something or
other, I can't remember the complete name atm and I'm updating
gnomemeeting). It's not big deal though, I feel competent enough now
(and that I have a good enough apt set up thanks to you) to go on w/o
further assistance (at least nothing major, hehe).