Re: Kmix 3.1.2 on SID doesn't work when using alsa.

Am Freitag, 12. Dezember 2003 11:06 schrieb Anders Ellenshøj Andersen:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 01:14, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > I checked it and an additional parameter is needed. So run
> > ./configure --enable-audio=oss,alsa --with-alsa
> > cd kmix
> > make
>
> But what does this mean. The packages in sid isn't properly configured?

Yes, the debian package does not use those options thus not having an
alsa-capable kmix.

> I am not using ALSA/OSS emulation, does this mean that with this new
> configuration, it will be able to properly control the native ALSA mixer?
>
> > Then look with
>
> [...]
>
> > soundcore               3844   2 [snd]
> >
> > Start kmix as user and see that it definitely uses alsa now, as it is now
> > wider than my 1024x768 resolution (30 vertical sliders like in
> > alsamixer). Be happy :)
>
> No?! Not happy. Now it is wider than the screen?

Well, depends on what you want to display. Only sliders with scale but without
text beside each scale does reduce the width a lot. Anyway, a bug report
should be filed agains _upstream_ kmix for that to be fixed. But maybe it is
already in the latest version?

> Can't we filter out some of them so only the most important ones are
> showing?

Yes, that's possible.
Just try it out, you can always go back by reinstalling the kmix debian
package.

HS

        oder über pgp.net