Re: Fw: Re: kdelibs compile crashes - dependency on Xinerama_pic

maŋŋebárga, juovlamánu 09. b. 2003 15:42, John Bro don čállet:

> > > Actually I think I know what's cuasing this.  You need to have
> > > xlibs-pic installed.  I'd've thought that kdelibs would build-depend on
> > > this, but it doesn't seem to.  (This is an FTBFS bug, right?)
> >
> > libqt3-mt-dev depends on xlibs-pic so kdelibs just pulls it in via that.
> >
> > Chris
>
> This is weird... I don't seem to have it.
>
>  $ apt-cache policy libqt3-mt-dev
>   libqt3-mt-dev:
>    Installed: (none)
>    Candidate: 3:3.2.1-6
>    Version Table:
>      3:3.2.1-6 0
>         500 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
>         990 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>
> And I ran the build-dep thing first, too!
> Just exactly where is Xinerama_pic supposed to reside
> anyway?  (Google isn't finding me much relevant stuff..)
>
> Again, it's not that I really WANT to compile kdelibs,
> I'm just trying to get (many of) my KDE apps to stop crashing with the same
> complaints about libpthread and kdecore..
>
> --John

IMHO the best would be to place an unstable deb line into /etc/apt/
sources.list, do an apt-get update; apt-get remove --purge xlibs, and then
install X, KDE the lots again. I think that would save a lot of time. (if
you've got a fast connection that is)
--
Børre Gaup, Kiruna, Sweden