Re: kdelibs compile crashes - dependency on Xinerama_pic

On Wed December 10 2003 12:21 am, John Bro wrote:
 ] I originally installed debian via Knoppix 3.2

 ] Once again, my problem is that many KDE apps are crashing,
 ] all with the same complaints about lbpthread and kdecore

 ] Is there a better way??

 Yes.  Install Debian from Debian, not from Knoppix.

 Knoppix is a marvellous piece of work, and for wandering
 users who don't want to disturb extant hard disks it's a very
 useful tool.

 For home users there's precious little going for it.  Suffer the
 alleged pain of a Debian install (once) and then enjoy the
 thrill of painless Debian upgrades (forever).

 Cheers,
 Jedd.