Re: Serios problems with KDE

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:54:07AM +0100, Daniel Alonso wrote:

> Sure ! ... Sorry.. I forgot... but here they are. I'm using debian sid,
> and the KDE I had installed was 3.1 rc6 .
>
> here is my sources.list:
>
> deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib
> non-free
> deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib
> non-free
>
> deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
> deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-non-US/ sid/non-US main non-free
> contrib
>
> deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.4/Debian stable main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

Whoa! If you are running Debian/sid, you will find that KDE3 is
included. Trying to install KDE from kde.org will not work.

Please remove the download.kde.org line from your sources.list, run
apt-get update and try again.

You might also want to read http://wiki.debian.net/DebianKDE, which
describes how to install KDE on different Debian systems, and describes
any brokenness you may encounter.

Regards,

Paul Cupis
--