Re: kdm doesn't work (Re: kdelibs 3.1.4 debian woody packages problem fixed)

On Thursday 18 September 2003 09:14, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 08:47:12AM +0200, Francis Verscheure wrote:
> > Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Why that? I don't see why kdelibs4-dev should not depend on X11
> > > package?
> > >
> > > Andreas
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Dependency on xlibs-pic is new for kdelibs4-dev, so is it really needed
> > ?
> > And the real problem is that a lot of people using Woody use unofficial
> > XFree ports with newer version than 4.1.0.
> >
> > Francis
>
> Does anyone know why this actually doesn't just work? XFree86 4.2 btw
> includes xlibs-pic as well, 4.3 includes xlibs-static-pic however it
> provides xlibs-pic so this should still work, right? Maybe the issue
> is the people using the 4.3 backport have to manually install
> xlibs-static-pic for it to satisfy the dependency (iow apt-get won't
> automatically resolve the issue).

The problem is that dannyS's backport/build is too old. Therefore people using
woody using the older woody packages are not getting that because
xlibs-static-pic wasn't part of that package set IIRC.

Ralf

> Chris
>
> Package: xlibs-static-pic
> Section: libdevel
> Installed-Size: 760
> Maintainer: Debian X Strike Force <debian-x@lists.debian.org>
> Architecture: i386
> Source: xfree86
> Version: 4.3.0-0pre1v1
> Replaces: xlibs-pic
> Provides: xlibs-pic
> Depends: xlibs-dev (= 4.3.0-0pre1v1), libc6-dev
> Conflicts: xlibs-pic
> Filename: ./i386/xlibs-static-pic_4.3.0-0pre1v1_i386.deb
> Size: 249554
> MD5sum: 8c7c2c664b89d51d69bb670eb80b81c7

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org