local cache for IMAP accounts in kmail

Hi there!

I am wondering if there is any feature in kmail which makes it possible to locally store all messages (not only headers) locally on the disk, while using IMAP.

I would like to take my IMAP with me when I am working offline with my notebook, and let it sync my account when I am back online. Also writing e-mail offline would be a lot more convenient.

I do not want to use POP3 for several reasons.

I know that mozilla -mail has this feature, but I could not find anything similar in kmail?

Am I missing something, or does kmail simply not support this feature at the current state of development, if so: Is anything like this planned for future releases?

I am using the official sid packages.

kind regards,

sebas