Re: Qt versioning (was: KDE 3.1.2 broken)

On Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 14:35, Derek Broughton wrote:
> From: "John Gay" <jgay@celestica.com>
>
> > This will probably be a big problem. But upgrades will only work if they
> > stick with the Official debian repositories. Packages from other sources,
> > especially unofficial ones, are just not expected to work. But try
> > telling that to all the people who will have problems with this.
> >
> > >Perhaps Ralf and Madkiss have a greater plan here that I just don't
> > >understand.
> >
> > I don't think so. Ralf did a great service providing these from his own
> > work and free time, but I don't think he expected them to intigrate
> > cleanly with the rest of Debian.
>
> I agree.  I don't really see this as being Ralf's fault, anyway.  Why are
> the sid QT3 versions 3.1.1 rather than 3.1.2 like the rest of kde?  I would
> expect they're truly not 3.1.2 yet.

I updated to Qt 3.1.2 already while madkiss was forced to stay with 3.1.1
until maybe 3.2.0 will fix the glibc issue (or a new glibc is uploaded in
unstable). It's only a temporary issue. Upgradable versions from KDE's woody
debs to unstable are desired, just the people in unstable are sometimes a bit
slower due to the overall development than what can be provided for stable a
couple of days (in the Qt area weeks due to the glibc) earlier.

Ralf

>  derek

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org