Re: Konqueror, UTF-8

This one time, at band camp, Craig Dickson said:
> I find that Konqueror (3.1.2-1.1, current Debian unstable) does not cope
> with UTF-8 web sites very well; it displays some characters well, and
> others not, even when Mozilla Firebird on the same machine (in the same
> KDE session, using the same fonts) can display them all correctly. An
> example of such a site can be found here:
>
>     http://aletheuo.ath.cx

They both look about the same to me - slight font change, but the shapes
are the same.  Of course, I don't know Greek, so my help is limited :)

steve:~$ locale
LANG=C
LC_CTYPE="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_TIME="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_PAPER="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_NAME="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.ISO-8859-1"
LC_ALL=en_US.ISO-8859-1

Don't know if that helps - it may just be a font issue, although if
other apps can see it OK, probably not.

|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |