Re: mplayer vs. xine

On Thursday 17 July 2003 05:37, Antiphon wrote:
> Actually, not all of MPlayer is GPL. While the main routines have been
> relicensed under it, there are still portions of it that are non-free.
>
> MPlayer devs have been working on removing non-free portions but the DivX
> code in it is still non-free. Until this code gets replaced, don't expect
> it in official Debian or in KDE.

Could you please show me any code in the MPlayer project that is not under GPL
licence.

The code from the OpenDivX project is not used anymore. All DivX
encoding/decoding is handled by libavcodec from the ffmpeg project. Which
xine also uses btw..

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.2 on Debian GNU/Linux