kprinter crashes during printing

Hi,
using KDE 3.2.0 I have a problem in printing files with kprinter on one of my
PCs only. I copied a system image from an old system to a new one. Now every
thing works exept the printing. Using kprinter with CUPS (or a different
printing system) the printers receive confused signs only. Printing to a *.ps
or a *.pdf file crashes kprinter and does not create an output file.
The described problem does not exist on the original system.
An update of the kprinter package (kdeprint) didn't solve the problem.
I copied the image with "rsyn -vrzpoglt" so everything should have the right
permissions, links and owners.
Does anyone have a hint?

Thanks.
Jan