Re: Which Xfree86 For Woody/i386 ?

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:58:23 +0100, I wrote:

>I'm still using the Xfree86 4.1.0-16 packages that came with my
>Woody/i386 system, but thinking about replacing them with one of the
>several later versions various kind souls have backported to Woody.
>
>But I've kind of lost track of which backport is most favoured by
>residents of this list, so has anyone got any recommendations ?

Nick Leverton suggested Daniel's Xfree86 4.3.0 for Woody, and I'm
going to try that - partly because from what I've read, 4.3.0 contains
the new fontconfig technology which I'd like to get to know.

Ross Boylan reports good success with the testing 4.2.1-6, and I'll
revert to a Woody version of that if I get any problems with 4.3.0.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions.

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Boycott Amazon till they relent on the 1-click software patent
- http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html