[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: kdvi fonts ragged but xdvi is OK]]
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Hilmar Preusse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, "
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: kdvi fonts ragged but xdvi is OK]
- From: "R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:36:23 +0800
- Message-id: <3F0DF877.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20030710184149.GB19889@preusse-16223.user.cis.dfn.de>
- References: <3F0DA118.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030710184149.GB19889@preusse-16223.user.cis.dfn.de>
Hilmar Preusse wrote:
On 10.07.03 R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar (email@example.com) wrote:
I have upgraded to Debian unstable KDE 3.1.2-1 and teTeX 2.0.2-4.
A DVI file using default cmr fonts looks ragged and unreadable in
kdvi while it dislays clearly and readably with anti-aliasing under
I installed fonts using the KDE Control Centre font installer
before this problem arose.
-v, please. What kind of fonts did you install and why do you think
they affect the functioning of kdvi?
TrueType, Type1, 100dpi, 75dpi, Speedo, misc. This is the first time I
have used the KDE font installer => my suspicion because I do not know
My ~/.qt/qtrc file has this extract:
Any hints on how to resuscitate good vieweing with kdvi?
Did you try to file that bug against the package, which contains kdvi?
I wanted my old fixed-misc fonts on the KDE konsole (which disappeared
after my upgrade to KDE 3.1.2-1). I found out from the web that I
should set the line
in ~/.qt/qtrc to
I did that and got my fixed-misc fonts on konsole, but kdvi stopped working.
After sending my first e-mail, I checked whether setting
gave nice looking fonts in kdvi. It does, but the font has the wrong
"look" and spacing for CMR.
So, the problem is related to the setting
in ~/.qt/qtrc in KDE and may involve the KDE font installer and/or
kviewshell and/or kdvi.
11 Jul 03
Dr R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
Australian Research Centre for Medical Engineering (ARCME)
South Street, Murdoch, WA 6150, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61-(8)-9360-2783 Fax: +61-(8)-9360-6304
The Murdoch University CRICOS Provider Code is 00125J
--- End Message ---