Which Xfree86 For Woody/i386 ?

I'm still using the Xfree86 4.1.0-16 packages that came with my
Woody/i386 system, but thinking about replacing them with one of the
several later versions various kind souls have backported to Woody.

But I've kind of lost track of which backport is most favoured by
residents of this list, so has anyone got any recommendations ?

I see from www.apt-get.org that there are *many* options here - several
different versions of Xfree86 4.2.1 - one claiming to be IPv6-ready !,
and one described as "Branden's 4.2.1 backported to Woody" so I infer
that's as "official" as it gets - and then there's Daniel Stone's
backport of 4.3.0, but is this too bleeding-edge for fainthearts such
as me ;-) ?

The "latest" 4.2.1 listed at apt-get.org is V4.2.1-8 by Norbert
Tretkowski, although on his page at http://people.debian.org/~nobse he
only lists a 4.3.0 port.

[ http://www.apt-get.org/search.php?query=xfree86&arch%5B%5D=i386 ]

I'd favour stability and/or performance over fancy features - oh, and my
card is a PCI Voodoo 3.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, or experience.

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK