noteedit for stable?

The one application I really miss from KDE-2.2 is noteedit. I really enjoy
creating MIDI music and I just can't get my head around rosegarden4 at all.

I notice that noteedit has now been uploaded to unstable. I was wondering
if some kind soul would consider back-porting this to stable and uploading
it to the kde site? I've tried compiling from sources I have, but I don't
understand how Debian sets the QTDIR and KDEDIR and building debian
packages just scare me ;-)

Just a humble request.

Cheers,

      John Gay