Re: KDE media players

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 12:36:35AM +0100, R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi. I just wanted to know why there are so many multimedia players
> for KDE. Why do exist kaboodle, noatun, kplayer (named in the
> latest kde cvs digest), kmplayer...?? Wouldn't be better just one
> GOOD player? (i'm not saying those ones aren't good... but a joint
> effort could be more powerful i think).

Well, by some accounts, there are also 375 text editors on GNU/Linux.
Why didn't they start working on a unified editor? Why didn't the vi
and Emacs developers join forces? Why do we have hundreds of  X window
managers? ...

Well, they have different purposes, that's why they exist. Ofcourse,
sometimes unification works ( like the case of KDE CD burning tools),
but most of the times, it doesn't.

Cheers

--
/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan