Re: KDE 3.1.1 Fast as root but slow as User

onsdagen den 9 april 2003 00.25 skrev Andreas Pakulat:

> What are you all doing? kdeinit has 58Megs here, running. And I don't
> think that gmemusage is a good presentation tool, it shows me that:
> xmms(178XXXK) + galeon-bin(218232K) + python2.1(144408K) = 540 Megs.
> Which is what I got totally (250 Megs RAM, 290 Megs Swap)!

That might be. Which program is a good presentation tool? Some that
graphically shows me what all the RAM is used for.
I use it to get an approximate picture of what is going on. The individual
numbers are not important, but rather what is going on in general.

I started to use gmemusage when my system started trashing, and I just didn't
know what caused it. gmemusage shows me immediately which application is
trying to grab a lot of RAM. I can also see if it is something I intended, or
if it is something unexpected, or created by some crazy web page. I find that
some applications use a lot of RAM, and maybe avoid them for certain common
tasks.