Re: Problem with upgrading to KDE 3.1.1 on Debian woody: finally solved

A Dijous 03 Abril 2003 10:54, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda va escriure:
Hi,

after some kind of fight betwend my old box, kde and I have a system working
now, and I "think" that I understand what happened.

I did a  purge of all kde, and qt as Ralf said in another message.
>> apt-get remove --purge libqt3*
So I began to test what happended.

I did a simple installation with a minimal X, and xdm and I installed scribus
that for dependency needed libqt-mt.

And boom, I couldn't run scribus. The messages was (I'm sorry, I had to have
wrotten it) something like this
~~~QFont: cannot set the font size to -1

In that time I had the Xserver configured with two fonts servers:
xft and xftt. The truetype fonts were managed by xftt because I thought that
it was better, but not. I don't know which are the difference betwend libqt
3.1.2 and 3.1.1, but with 3.1.1 I didn't have any problem but with the new
version it was a nightmare.

So, I removed xftt, and configured xfs to manage truetype and all is working..
Well, I have to say that I also suffered the bug about the kdelibs-data with
the ui/ui_standards.rc. file (and several files more.)

Otherwise, thank's for your help.

Regards,

Leo

--