Re: KDE upgrade using Ralf's packages on Sarge - broken system

On Sunday 06 April 2003 14:18, Rachel wrote:
> >After purging the files that cause conflicts you need to run
> >
> >apt-get -f install
> >
> >that will install the newer versions from ktown, though with the missing
> >dependencies for those packages, you need to have the -f passed there too
> > to pull the missing packages out of the debian mirrors for installation.
> >
> >When that is done, run
> >
> >apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> unfortunately I have already done that to no avail :(
>
> I tried it again just to be sure and it finds nothing to install on apt-get
> -f install or apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> My previous KDE debs were Karolinas. The errors I get when I try to run
> apt-get -f install kdm kdebase are a whole list of depends which all seem
> to be the same sort of thing:

Ah, karolina's are more or less a fork and incompatible to the rest of the
world though they were great at that time. So you need to remove all of your
KDE packages first:

apt-get remove libqt-mt*

Then apt-get install kdebase kdm etc.

Ralf

> Depends kwin (>+4:3.1.1-0woody2) but it is not going to be installed
> Depends libkonq4 (>+4:3.1.1-0woody2) but it is not going to be installed
> kdm: Depends kdelibs4 (>+4:3.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
>
> My sources.list looks like:
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib
> non-free deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main
> deb http://ftp.openoffice.tuxfamily.org/openoffice testing main contrib
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
>
> deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security testing/updates main contrib