Re: KDE 3.1.1 on Woody - it's effects on other installs...

On Saturday 05 April 2003 11:29, Greg Madden wrote:
Greg,

Thanks for the reply.  Couple of comments/questions.

Tried aptitude, but man page not very helpful, maybe a second read-over will
help.  Mostly, got no no clue as to what some messages might imply.  I will
have to try agin.

I added your URI to my sources.list.  Doing the update worked fine, but doing
"apt-get install koffice" yielded the following message from APT

	Reading Package Lists... Done
	Building Dependency Tree... Done
	or been moved out of Incoming.

	that package should be filed.

	koffice: Depends: kpresenter but it is not going to be installed
	E: Sorry, broken packages

Presumably KPresenter depends on something from woody that really needs to be
from sarge or sid.  Another post today mentioned that KPresent needed arts.
I suppose that I could just install what I needed piece meal.  Perhaps I
should just bite the bullet and go to sarge directly, assuming it is running
KDE 3.x at the minimum.

/Pen