Re: Using arts and alsa (direct) simultaneously?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:15:18 -0600
Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> wrote:

> Along with what was said earlier, the reason you probably can't use both
> at the same time is due to your soundcard not allowing multiopen. I am
> not sure if alsa has plans to do software mixing, that would be nice of
> course, but most new hardware supports multiopen already. Even my cheap
> onboard via sound has multiopen. :)
>
> Chris

Well not many of the drivers support multiopen in linux. Only sb live and upwards. At least with oss/kernel drivers. Not sure about alsa drivers? Most of them are supposed to handle two simultaneous opens, I'M I right?

/Robert