AW: Upgrading to KDE 3.1 in Sid

Hi Aryan,

just move ~/.kde out of the way (maybe to ~/.kde.old), it contains all of
your settings. (you may check /etc/ for a kdm dir, also..).
then purge your current kde installation. this is recommended because a
straight upgrade-path is not guaranteed with unofficial repositories.
after that, install kde from sid, run it, and migrate your settings from
~/.kde.old to ~/.kde step by step. for me this works great and without
greater issues..

hope this helps
sven