Re: Start New Session button

Graham Knap wrote:

> > After a recent upgrade (I'm not sure which one), my K menu now
> > includes a "start new session" item, right above "Lock Screen".

Chris Cheney wrote:

Just disable the other X kdm lines.  The "start new session" option
might not work right now since I forgot to add the X numbers eg :1, :2.

Thanks Chris. It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about (since I'm no KDE guru) -- but thank you, that fixed it.

I edited "/etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers". I left this line as it was:

:0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X  -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp vt7

but I commented these out:

#:1 local reserve /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp vt8
#:2 local reserve /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp vt9
#:3 local reserve /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp vt10

As I was sort of expecting, zapping X did not restart kdm. I probably could have run "/etc/init.d/kdm restart", but I needed to reboot anyway, so I did that instead.

Thanks again everyone... case closed.

-- graham