Re: Upgrade from Woody(stable) to KDE3.1

On Sonntag, 9. März 2003 09:20, Pablo de Vicente wrote:
> El Domingo, 9 de Marzo de 2003 06:30, Ralf Nolden escribió:
> > >
> > > Ralf has a good README available on his webspace, with the debs. It is
> > > important that you read it if you intend to use his debs.
> > >
> > >   http://devel-home.kde.org/~nolden/kde/README
> >
> > It would be half the contents if we could resolve the conflicts for KDE
> > 3.0.x to 3.1 in arts and kdebase :-)
> >
> > Chris, could you take care of these first while you're building new debs
> > ? It would be extremely helpful and I currently lack the time of taking
> > care of these after spending a full 4 weeks work with madkiss in
> > reorganizing the Qt packages.
> >
> > It would be also good to know if upgrading from 2.2.2 to 3.1 works
> > perfect now so I can fill in that section that that works as advertised
> > without any manual interference to resolve conflicts.
> >
> > Ralf
>
>  Hello,
>
>  This morning I have upgraded one machine with woody from KDE 2.2.2 to KDE
> 3.1 and everything works except that kdevelop conflicts with kde-i18n-es.
>
> [ I have retranslated the following message because in my case it appears
> in spanish ]
>
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/kdevelop_4%3a2.1.5-1woody3_i386.deb (--unpack):
>  triying to overwrite `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/kdevelop.mo', that
> is also in package kde-i18n-es
>
> I removed kdevelop and kde-i18n-es and reinstalled later and everything
> worked fine.

Ok, that's something that we didn't regard yet - it seems that because KDE 3.0
and before had KDevelop translations included, which is not anymore the case
for 3.1, I put together the original KDevelop tarball that ships the
translations now itself.

Norman, I guess we need to add conflicts to every language package that
kdevelop ships a mo file for in 2.1.5.

Ralf

> regards,
>
> Pablo de Vicente.