Re: kdeprint error - kdeprint_lpd.la

On Samstag, 1. März 2003 20:44, Josh Metzler wrote:
> I am running testing, with Ralf's KDE 3.1 stable backport.  I setup my
> Epson Stylus Photo 820 in the KDE Control Center under Administrator mode
> for all users to have access to it.  If I try to print as a normal user,
> though, I get this error:
>
> There was an error loading kdeprint_lpd. The diagnostic is:
> Library files for "kdeprint_lpd.la" not found in paths
>
> The printer is connected locally to my parallel port, and printed a test
> page just fine (as root) when I set it up.

I've got the following files in kdelibs4.install:

debian/tmp/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_lpdunix.la
debian/tmp/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_lpdunix.so
debian/tmp/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_lpr.la
debian/tmp/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_lpr.so
debian/tmp/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_rlpr.la
debian/tmp/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_rlpr.so

So there is no kdeprint_lpd.la available nor the according library. Are you
sure that you correctly upgraded to all stable debs ? Did you try adding a
new user and setting up the printers for this user again to see how KDE
behaves if you start with a new user from scratch ?

Ralf

> Thanks in advance for help,
> Josh

Ralf Nolden