Re: woody + kde ktown + bunk: file-browser and kpresenter crash when started from panel/k-menu

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:58:08AM +0100, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 January 2003 20:14, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a very happy user of woody + ktown + bunk for weeks/months.  After
> > a new laptop installation this monday kresenter and konqueror as filemanager
> > crash when started from the panel.  Now after update of two other hosts today
> > I see the same effect:
> >
> > 	kpresenter:  crash when started from panel.  Works when started from
> > 			Konsole (kspread and kwork come up without problems
> >
> > 	kfmclient openProfile filemanagement:  Window pops up. I can see the
> > 			Iconview for the fraction of a second and the I get the krash handler.
> > 			Starting konqueror form konsole and selection the filemanagement
> > 			profile from the setup menu works without problem
>
> Hi,
>
> FYI:  The problems I described went away when I replaced Adrian's libvorbis* 1.0 pkgs
> with the 1.0rc3 pkgs from Ralf.
>
> Before:
>
> ii  libvorbis-dev              1.0.0-0.bunk.2             Vorbis Library Development
> ii  libvorbisenc2              1.0.0-0.bunk.2             The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
> ii  libvorbis-compat           1.0rc3-bunk.1              Package to fix the breakage in the libvorbis 1.0.0 packages
> ii  libvorbisenc2              1.0.0-0.bunk.2             The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
>

> pn  libvorbis-compat           <none>                     (no description available)
> ii  libvorbis-dev              1.0rc3-1                   Vorbis Library Development
> ii  libvorbis0                 1.0rc3-1                   The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
> pn  libvorbisenc2              <none>                     (no description available)
> pn  libvorbisfile3             <none>                     (no description available)

*me* reads Ralf's KDE 3.1 README

<--  snip  -->

The whole set of packages does work on unstable also, with the exception
of problems with the libvorbis libraries which differ in their major
version number.

<--  snip  -->

I'm trying to provide packages that are binary compatible with both
Debian 3.0 and that will cause no problems with upgrades or partial
upgrades to Debian 3.1.

My packages include a self-made libvorbis-compat that includes
libvorbisfile.so.0 and libvorbisenc.so.0 and should fix the known
problems with the libvorbis0 packages in Debian unstable.

Ralf, are there any other known problems with the libvorbis0 in
unstable, if yes what exactly are they and how will they be resolved
when KDE 3.1 will enter unstable?

> Achim

cu
Adrian