Re: final binaries of 3.1 up

> Sound is not working (correctly). If I try to play a mp3 file from noatun
> it takes ages for noatun to start up and the track is almost not to be
> heard (because of many disturbances). If I use xmms with xmmsarts the track
> is played without any trouble.
>
> The system sounds are not played, even if I try to manually play e.g. the
> KDE_Startup.wav from kcontrol->Sound&Multimedia->System Notifications
> there's nothing played.

Hi,

solved one of the KDE sound problems:

After I installed the package libarts1-audiofile I could hear the KDE systems
sounds. Works fine now. I wondered why I had to manually install this package,
maybe there's a dependency missing? I installed only kdebase (which depends
on libarts1) but only the kdemultimedia package seems to depend on
libarts1-audiofile. Even noatun does not depend on libarts1-audiofile, nor
does it depend on libarts1-mpeglib.

However, noatun continues to playback mp3 files very badly. Any ideas?

Nik