Re: Unable to install kde3.1 on unstable

torsdagen den 16 januari 2003 11.00 skrev Dan Slatford:
> Have been using Karolinas kde3.1 debs for some while now on sid, am very
> impressed.
>
> Boss wants it all installing on a laptop. woo! However, problems. I can't
> install kdebase, or anything else kde, due to unmet dependancies.
>
> Doing a bit of digging around, it turns out libfam0 which everything is
> ultimately dependant on has been replaced with libfam0c102.
>
> Is there anything I can do to get around this? On my existing kde3.1 boxes,
> libfam0 appears to have been kept back hence they still work.

I have built a backward compatible version of libfam. It is in
shakti.ath.cx/debian/support (and also when gotten with apt through
shakti.ath.cx/debian/kde3.1)

It is a little bit annoying to see that libraries needed for backward
compatibility are just removed like that from debian.

Karolina