Re: Konqueror: Embedding of packed documents

On Thursday 09 January 2003 09:02, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2003 07:56, Mark Purcell wrote:
> > >
> > > gzip is a streamable format, so finding out the mimetype gzip,
> > > unzipping the first couple of bytes and finding out the mimetype for
> > > _that_ is not even hard.

Exactly. Mozilla is able to do that. If you click on references like
then displayed in the embedded PDF viewer.

> > > If you want this feature, use the Bug Tracking System of KDE to issue a
> > > feature request. KDE Developers tend to adopt such thoughts ;)

I thought that Konqueror already _has_ this feature and I only was to
stupid to enable it?

> > Actually this feature is already documented as being provided in KDE..
> > The gzip kioslave description in 'Info Center' states that it will
> > already behave in the desired fashion. I myself have wondered how you
> > actually get this working.  Should we file a bug against the kioslave
> > description as well?
>
> Hm, it has something to do with the way the mimetypes treat files. It
> obviously gives ark more precedence over the ioslave...

It seems to be.

Frank
--
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##
## E-Mail: fm3@os.inf.tu-dresden.de    http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3 ##