Re: Replace broken mouse button w/ keyboard combination(?)

Hello Steffen, hello list,

sorry for replying this late, but still..

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 11:39:07AM +0100, Steffen Hein wrote:
> this might not be KDE specific, but maybe someone can help anyway.
> I have a laptop and the right mouse button is broken, so I wonder if it is
> possible to make some combination (like Ctrl + Left mouse button or maybe the
> unused windows/winmenu key) send the signal as if the right mouse button is
> pressed. Anything like that possible?

I am not aware of any KDE-related config option to set this, but the tool
xmodmap (installed with Xfree86) allows for this. man xmodmap can help,
although it can be somewhat confusing :-)

I don't have the exact syntax for this here, but I can mail you tomorrow if
you let me know. We're using this for our Mac/Linux X terminals since their
mouses just have one button...

-Malte