Re: NoteEdit for KDE 3.1?

torsdagen den 2 januari 2003 23.25 skrev Craig Dickson:
> Craig Dickson wrote:
> > I haven't been able to find a NoteEdit package for KDE 3,
>
> I see that a NoteEdit package has been added to Karolina's repository.
> Thank you! It works very nicely, modulo some minor issues that are
> probably either bugs in NoteEdit itself, or perhaps relate to the
> outdated version of Lilypond in Debian unstable. (I have tried exporting
> to PMX and MusiXTeX, but the page images generated by these tools left
> something to be desired -- I am hoping Lilypond will do better, once I
> can get it to accept NoteEdit's output.)

I don't have not provided a source package for noteedit, for the simple reason
that dpkg-source bugs out on that package and refuses to build the diff file.

> However, I would still like to understand and fix the build problem I
> was experiencing. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm not even sure
> which tool is at fault (make, autoconf, bison...?).

I have the same and/or various build problem with notedit. The way I built the
packages is to not get it to invoke automake and autoconf. For some reason
that otherwise always fails somewhere for me (various places). And I have
tried all the normal ways of making the build work. There is probably
something not completely right in the automake and/or autoconf build scripts.

But why dpkg-source fails, appears to be something wrong with the dpkg-source
perl script.

As I am not a friend of perl, and don't know how to make automake/autoconf
scripts, I have not tried to fix the problems.

There are unfortunately other problems with noteedit, maybe unique to debian.
So this is a package that needs some work for whoever want to adopt it on
debian.

Noteedit is a program I often use myself.

Karolina