Re: KDE3.1RC5 + fontconfig + libfontconfig = still no AA

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 17:56, Brad Felmey wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 08:54, Ralph Jacobs wrote:
>
> > I apt-get'ed KDE3.1RC5 this morning, it installed without a glitch. But,
> > anti-aliasing is not working. I have fontconfig and libfontconfig1
> > installed, and I have ran fc-cache. AA works fine in Gnome2, but not in
> > KDE3.1. The console doesn't have any error-messages.
> >
> > Any ideas anyone?
>
> I had the same thing. I ended up looking in /etc/X11 and seeing an
> XftConfig and XftConfig-dpkg-old (something like that). I swapped them
> and restarted X.

I did that, but at first it didn't solve the problem. Then I went into
the KDE font installer, and added all my fonts there. I then had AA, but
not all fonts. Going out of X and doing an XftCache and fc-cache:

it works!

Thanks for the quick reply.

--
Ralph Jacobs