Re: dialy wine: for woody?

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002, Derek Broughton wrote:

> tomas pospisek wrote:
> > On 23 Dec 2002, Andreas Goesele wrote:
> >

> >>Thanks for answering. But I'm looking for woody packages. And the
> >>libwine there doesn't look like woody. I get with wine from there:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >>Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >>  libwine: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1) but 2.2.5-11.2 is to be installed
> >>           Depends: libncurses5 (>= 5.3.20021109-1) but 5.2.20020112a-7 is to be installed
> >

> > You might just as well check if installing those two libraries would have
> > a big effect.
> >
> > apt-get install -s -t sid libwine libc6 libncurses5
> >
> > (This is out of my head, you might want to check the options)
> >
> > You have to add unstable sources to your apt/sources.list and pinpoint
> > them to stable.
> >
> > I guess the impact will be pretty minimal.
>
> I'd guess _not_!  Libc6 installs are always somewhat scary. I'm well
> and truly fsck'd after installing Mozilla from sid and getting
> libc6-2.3.1.  I can't go back to libc6-2.2.5, because KDM won't start
> anymore without 2.3, and I can't run anything in Java without 2.2.

Um - my idea was that one first _checks_ what would get updated (by using
-s as in simulate) and then would decide if it's worth it. I'm running a
mix between stable, testing and unstable on two of my working machines
and on some of the servers and have no problems. That said I backup
important packages before upgrading with "dpkg-repack package".
*t

--
  to s
    mam                          power corrupts