Re: Karolina's KDE 3.1RC5 broke my SDL development.

tisdagen den 17 december 2002 04.53 skrev Doug Holland:
> Apparently, Karolina's KDE3.1RC5 packages came with its own version of SDL,
> which conflicted with Sid's SDL packages and removed them.  Unfortunately,
> there is no libsdl-dev package that has the SDL headers, so my development
> work, which requires SDL has ground to a halt.
>
> Are there any easy workarounds to this?  If I try installing the Sid SDL
> packages, dselect asks me to remove every KDE3.1 package on my system.

The reason is that libsdl1.2debian-arts is built for the old aRts. So I simply
rebuilt for the new version of aRts. I think the "official" KDE maintainers
will get the same problem.

That libsdl1.2-dev was not there, was just a mistake. I have put it there too.
Obviously I have it installed myself, since otherwise I can't build KDE.

> Of course, these kinds of issues wouldn't happen if KDE3 was in unstable
> months ago like it should, but I'm not bitter...

There are issues with KDE 3.* that I think are more important than the GCC 3.2
transition.

Karolina