Normal users can't login..

After upgrading to Karolina's rc5 packages last week, I've had a problem which
is preventing normal users from logging in. Root can login just fine, but if
my normal user id is used, then things pause for roughly 20 seconds, then
ksplash comes up the the "Setting up Interprocess communications" message and
then sits there for another 20-30 seconds, then falls back to the login
screen.  I've watched/checked all the log files that apply, but nothing is
revealed. I'd like to get this resolved soon. Is/has anyone been dealing with
this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've even reverted back
to Karolina's qt packages to no avail...

Corey