Re: a workaround: final posting since no help

fredagen den 6 december 2002 22.04 skrev James D. Freels:
> WEll, I am getting absolutely no help in this forum.  However, I did figure
> out a work around that allows me to get prints from kde apps until such
> time as the system stabilizes and things work as they should.
>
> I can pick the printer "print to PS file" which then does not call the
> kdeprintd and simply creates a postscript file selectively on my harddrive.
> Then, using the debian package qtcups, I can print to a cups printer that
> was set up inside of kde.  Go figure it !

I can't help you, since I could never get my postscript printer to work with
KDE either, when I tried. Later I read that QT (and thus KDE) is emitting
illegal postscript, so it won't work at all. I don't know if that is fixed
now.

I put my postscript printer in HP laser jet emulation, and is printing with
the LPD printer system (lpr-ppd). That finally worked for me. I found that
the easiest to get to work. With CUPS I could never get any output, and
anyway, it does not have my printer model.

-- Karolina