Re: kdevelop 2.1.4 build problem

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 07:58:21PM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> It started as an exercise to learn how to build debs, but, as is the way of
> these things, it all became a bit of a trial.  First I was doing it on a
> debian/sarge machine but discovered I had build dependencies on packages in
> unstable (so I have ended up building a complete debian unstable
> configuration inside a chroot environment on this machine so as not to
> disturb its operation).  Then I had to wrestle with libxml that failed
> (2.4.24 was apparently ok - but by then I had already upgraded to a later
> release so it wasn't unitl 2.4.28 that it worked again), various dependancies
> on automake, but needing automake1.5, and a problem I discovered today when I
> started to rebuild from the rc5 tarballs (libdb2-dev is a dependency for
> kdelibs - but at least another package I build must have required a
> dependency on libdb3-dev because that is installed in my chroot environment.

Yes, I have read all of your messages to the list, and they saved me a
great deal of time, especially those about the libxml problem, and surely
I wasn't the only one to benefit of them.

Ciao,
Paolo

--
Paolo Ulivi
pulivi@libero.it

If Linux is not Unix then Windows are not Gates
                         Anonymous, XXI Century