HELP - upt-get dist-upgrade doen't work

Additional info:
I cannot compile my progs written in Qt either.

Help help

Setyo Nugroho
-------------------

Hi all,
Just installed xfce and removed it. Installed kdm. Changed from gdm to kdm as default. Believed, I did nothing special.
To my surprise I can not run my excecutable programs written with Qt! Is kdm the source of the problem?

I did this:
-apt-get update
-apt-get -f install : this did not give any remarks/ warnings.
-echo $QTDIR : does not show anything. !! Though QtDesigner is still there. An it seems to work well.

I believe, something serious must be done: return to stable mode. I did this.
apt-get dist-upgrade, which does *not* produce anything except this:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.

in /etc/apt/preference:
Package: *
Pin: release a=stable, v=3.0*
Pin-Priority: 1001

Help me please.. how to get my Qt running *normally* as usual?

Setyo Nugroho