Re: Font degradation viewing Web pages in Mozilla under KDE 3.0.3

I can't stand the default font rendering under KDE which is why I use,
alternatively the Xft and FreeType 2 modifications found at
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dchest/xfthack/

Be careful about installing his Freetype2 since it messes up aliased fonts
quite badly. But anti-aliased fonts look better, IMHO, than on any other
platform but YMMV.