Re: Is this the right list to discuss problems building debs from source?

lördagen den 16 november 2002 10.16 skrev James Greenhalgh:

> I ran into the exact same problems so I ended up building my qt debs by
> applying the diff at http://shakti.ath.cx/debian/qt3.1.0/ onto the
> original qt-x11-free.

Ooops, I forgot to delete those files. There is problems with those diffs in
that they are prone to create the wrong dependencies, which is the reason I
deleted what now appears to be only the .deb files, very fast.  There are now
new version that fixes those problems, but note that I don't build with g++
3.2, and those files are not compatible with a system transitioning to QT+KDE
built with g++ 3.2. (I have to say that, just in case....). For those who
want to go on the g++ 3.2 train, the regular maintainers provides all that is
needed.

This is qt 3.1.0 from trolltech, and not qt-copy, by the way.

-- Karolina