Re: CD burning without root priviligdes

Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
Hello

Is there any KDE gui tool to burn CDs, that can work without root priviledges?

I need it for linux terminal application server. Users should be able to write CDs without knowing root password!
I may make cdrecord setuid, but I don't want any gui running as root!

cdbakeoven can be started as normal user, but many operations seem not to work (e.g. access to previous session).

k3b asks for root password on startup.

The only tool that works is gcombust, but it's interface is ugly.

try adding the user(s) to the group (in /etc/group) that owns the device (e.g. (/dev/hdc), and re-login the user(s) for changes to take effect.