Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

(debian-gnome doesn't exist; adjusted to debian-gtk-gnome. I also don't read
-kde or -gtk-gnome so please Cc: appropriately.)

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:59:17PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> > Not necessarily. When I use KDE, I largely want to use KDE apps. I
> > personally think GNOME/KDE should offer their own menus, with a submenu
> > in each category for "Non-{GNOME,KDE} Applications". I don't see a
> > problem with this, i.e. how our KDE3 packages do it.
>
> It sounds bizarre, actually, to classify programs by which toolkit they use.
> I don't think most users really care.

I agree -- and we shouldn't make them care, because what most people want is
to get a task done, not fiddle about with how it gets done.

(Also, most people won't have a bunch of GNOME, and KDE, and other
applications installed, so it makes no sense for those to have three
separate menus, some of which empty.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.