why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

    Debian should follow the lead of every other major distro and offer the
    exact same menu layout throughout.

      -- http://debianplanet.net/node.php?id=831

I cannot help but shudder when I read that comment in this negative
Debian review. We *led* the way: we wrote menu, we put everything in
menu, we made every window manager (even twm, for crying out loud!) use
menu. And then gnome and kde came along, and we threw all that out the
window. No excuses: This stinks. We should be able to do much better.

--
see shy jo