Re: KDM without keyboard after upgrading 2.2.2 to 3.0.4

I had something similar to that happen after doing an apt-get upgrade of
other pacakges.  Not sure which one it was though, but konq and kmail
could no longer resolve dns, and kdm wouldn't type without restarting.
I solved it by exiting kde, going to a console and doing a killall -9
kdm and making sure all running processes of it were gone.  After that I
restarted it and all was well.  Hope this helps,

Todd