RE: <no subject>

Stefan Bienert said on Sunday, 20 October 2002 7:44 PM

>Hello there!
>
>I've got trouble with KDE 3.0.4.
>After long terms I got it installed but I don'tknow where to start it.
>Any help out there?
>And I don't know how to shutdown x correctly. I'm using GDM for login so my
System starts >of with X. How can I get KDE 3.0.4 in the List of chooseable
Windowmanager at GDM?

>--
>greetings,
>
>Stefan Bienert

Stefan, try seeing if kdm is installed

dpkg -l kdm

If it isn't grab it.  As for updating windows managers try:

update-alternatives --config x-window-manager ; select <windowmanager>

Then restart X.

try running the "startkde" command as well.

Dave