Re: Problem with file associations in 3.1beta2

Christian Surlykke wrote:

Hi

I'm running Karolina's 3.1beta2 from the segfault.info mirror.
Whenever i click a file in the file manager i get a popup box saying that the file type is associated with konqueror.
For example if I click a java source file, it says:

 Error Konqueror:
 There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror
 with text/x-java, but it can't handle this file type.

I have the text/x-java file type set to be opened by gnuclient. I've tried setting kate as the viewing app instead, but to no avail.

Any hints anybody?

br. Christian Surlykke

I think the problem is that Konqueror is trying to open an external viewer instead of an embedded viewer.
Try right clicking on the file and select 'Edit File Type...'
Now go to the 'Embedding' tab.
Under 'Left Click Action' select 'Show file in embedded viewer'
The list below it should have 'Embedded Advanced Text Editor' at the top, and/or something else you may prefer.

Ray