Slightly OT: Debian + ext3 -> Sid

    Forgive the slightly off-topic nature of this post, but I am in the process
of building a computer for a friend and was planning on installing Debian (Sid)
on it. As I understand it, I first need to download the Woody boot disks, do a
bare minimum installation, change the lines in sources.list to unstable, and
apt-get -dist-upgrade away. However, I have two questions: does the default
Woody installation support ext3, or do I need to get some special ISOs for that?
I found some older documentation that suggested the latter, but more recent
information would be appreciated. Secondly, has anyone used PGI to install
Debian? I would be interested in comments, since I would prefer to have some
automatic hardware detection and PGI seems (in theory) pretty decent.
    And yes, I will install KDE3 on it! :)
    :Peter