Re: Konqueror + Debian + IPv6?

On Saturday 12 October 2002 21:48, Macolu wrote:
> Le Samedi 12 Octobre 2002 21:11, Anders E. Andersen a écrit :
> > Maybe it has been fixed in a higher version of konqueror?
>
> I think so, it works correctly for me (konqueror 3.0.8 cvs)

I don't think so. This is a Debian-specific problem *not* a problem of
konqueror itself. On my SuSE-install the problem does not exist. It has
something to do with build options for KDE. As long as you build your own
KDE/Konqueror you should not a priori have this problem. I guess your
CVS-konqueror is not prepackaged, is it?

As I've told before there has been a complain about this already somewhere.
Unfortunetly I can't remember where (I think at depianplanet, but can't find
it anymore). He made a very detailed analysis of the problem. (It could have
been assigned to DNS lookups vi IPv6 as well. All I remember is that it had
to do with IPv6...)

Is anybody able to make a precise analysis of this issue? Maybe I would have
to monitor the TCP/IP packets when konqueror tries to load pages like
www.golem.de. How can I do this? How do I distinguish between IPv4 and IPv6
packets?

Thanks,

Felix