Re: KDE 3.0.4 MD5checksum

Hi,

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 00:47 schrieb Nick Boyce:
> Interestingly, I've been getting exactly the same symptom (and various
> other file content failures and connection failures) for a couple of
> weeks, on our two Woody systems inside our company network behind a
> proxy firewall.

Do you use a Debian file proxy? With this systems I've also update problems at
work.

> But I think I've just fixed it all (today) by setting :
>    acquire::http::queue-depth="0"
> in apt.conf - certainly I had no failures after making this change. I
> may be wrong about the parameter being called "queue-depth" - I'm not
> at a Woody system at the moment - but check out the apt.conf man page,
> where reference is made to this setting being required if your HTTP
> proxy doesn't handle idling a connection properly (or something like
> that) - with data corruption being the result otherwise.

Shouldn't have to do with the MD5checksum.

> Are you guys behind a proxy firewall ?

At home no (where the error occured, but at work we don't use KDE :-( )

I've at home a Gateway for my cable connection and I had this problem only
with the download.us Server ... I've no problems with all the other ones like
people.debian.org or de.debian.org.

Greetings Alex//