[debian-kde] List configuration & usability

Hiyazzall,

I've just joined the debian-kde list (having just made the plunge and installed deb + kde on my new PC *yay*), and was about to immediately unsubscribe again, due to a list configuration problem. I thought I should mention this in case anyone wants to fix it.

The list does not prefix its postings with the list name, eg. [debian-kde] (as in my subject line). This makes the postings very difficult to visually distinguish from the couple of dozen spam messages in my inbox. I administer a number of yahoogroups and mailman lists, and believe this to be sufficently 'standard' that I'm surprised not to find it on the debian lists.

It has occurred to me that I could probably set up filtering in Mozilla to use the X-Loop (or some other) header as a send-to-a-folder criterion to get around this, but (1) there will be lots and lots of potential users who wouldn't think of that, (2) no other list I subscribe to requires this and (3) I'm not yet sure of the value of belonging to this list, due to this problem, so I'm not too inclined to spend a much time.
looking into that.  Maybe that's lazy, yes. :)

--

N i g e l  C h a p m a n